Because super capacitors are related to electricity, the following points should be paid attention to when using:
1. After installing the super capacitor, do not forcibly tilt or twist the capacitor. This will cause the capacitor to lead to become loose and cause performance degradation.
2. The super capacitor should be used under the nominal voltage. When the capacitor voltage exceeds the nominal voltage, it will cause the electrolyte to decompose, and at the same time the capacitor will generate heat, the capacity will decrease, and the internal resistance will increase and the life span will be shortened.
3. Supercapacitors cannot be used in high-frequency charging and discharging circuits. High-frequency rapid charging and discharging will cause the internal heat of the capacitor, the capacity attenuation, and the increase of internal resistance.
4. The super capacitor has a fixed polarity. Before use, confirm the polarity.
5. When the super capacitor is used as a backup power supply, because the super capacitor has the characteristic of large internal resistance, there is a voltage drop at the moment of discharge.
6. Supercapacitors should not be placed in an environment with a relative humidity greater than 85% or containing toxic gases. These environments will cause corrosion of the leads and the capacitor shell and cause an open circuit.
7. Supercapacitors should not be placed in a high temperature and high humidity environment. They should be stored in an environment with a temperature of -30~50℃ and relative humidity of less than 60% and should avoid sudden rises in temperature because this causes product damage.
8. The ambient temperature has an important influence on the life of supercapacitors. Therefore, the super capacitor should be as far away from the heat source as possible.
9. When soldering the capacitor on the circuit board, do not touch the capacitor case to the circuit board, otherwise, the solder will penetrate into the capacitor threading hole and affect the performance of the capacitor.
10. When supercapacitors are used on double-sided circuit boards, it is necessary to pay attention that the connection must not pass through the places where the capacitor can be touched. Due to the installation method of supercapacitors, it will cause a short circuit.